Six Strengths Make Switzerland Win The Title Of Best Country
In the year 2018 history repeats itself yet another time when Switzerland wins the title of the best country in the world. Leaving behind rest 79 countries in the race including Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and all of them behind, Switzerland tops the list of USA News Best Country 2018.
Canada claimed the second position continuously for the second time followed by Germany that stood third in the overall ranking.
Insights Of The Revealed Report
A small country stood first in 80 countries on a measure of total 65 questions. It may interest you to know that the rankings and analysis project was conducted for the third time by US News and World Report, Y&R’s BAV group and the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. The basis of evaluation for the best country 2018 the range of criteria was broad, ranging from the economic influence to quality of life, to capture the global perception of each of the 80 countries.
Brian Kelly, Editor and Chief content officer at US News reportedly said “U.S. News is known globally for its in-depth rankings of complex institutions, like university and hospital systems” Brian further added “We’re taking the same approach with governments to help citizens, business executives and policymakers better evaluate their countries and their leadership.”
In the report compiled by US News and World 80 countries were evaluated. Over 21,000 global citizens were interviewed as part of the survey. These included business leaders, informed elites and general citizens.
The parameters on which all of the 80 countries were assessed are as follows: entrepreneurship, adventure, citizenship, cultural influence, heritage, movers, open for business, power and quality of life. The results of each category were further correlated and compared to find the top pick from the pool of countries.
Discover The Surprising Reasons That Made Switzerland Won The Title
All of us may not be fortunate to be born in Switzerland but that does not stop us from getting acquainted with the strengths of Switzerland. Reasons for which you may like to invest in the Swiss market or would like to pack your bags for upcoming vacation.
- High average incomes and low taxes. In Switzerland, it is not only the highly educated cadre of people that earn well, even the blue-collar workers earn a lot. That being said cost of living is also high in general but still, the Swedish citizens are able to save a lot. They have a good difference between saving and consumption. This becomes possible because the tax burden in Switzerland is the world’s lowest.
- Control over crime. A country can progress in real terms only if the crime rate is low. Not only Switzerland is considered safe for the tourists that give huge business to the country but also the citizens of Zurich, the largest city of Switzerland, enjoy their lives with zero no-go areas.
- Striking balance between nationalism and globalism. So many countries are better than Switzerland but where they lack is the balance between nationalism and globalism. Though a large share of Swiss people is of nationalists but they understand that global market provides opportunities for a larger section of their society. Rural farmers and urban workers are both equally getting benefitted from the system which has its roots in last century.
- Great geographical location. Nature has blessed the country with the Alps, high hills and attractive small villages. Stunning views are enjoyed in the temperate inland climate. Moreover, it makes an excellent location as eastern, northern and southern Europe is within reach. Austria, Germany, France and Italy are next to Switzerland and also Slovenia, Croatia is also not too far.
- Admirable infrastructure. Trains in Switzerland are the best in the world. The country is overall high tech as train along with other aspects make it a world-class destination.
- High gun-ownership. As mentioned earlier crime rate in this country is very low. Switzerland is still having a very high ownership rate. There are many masculine men would appreciate this condition. You will be glad to know that despite of the fact that Muslims make 5% of the Swiss population the terror attacks are less likely to occur there.
Not Less Appreciable Findings Of The Report
- Denmark is the number one country for women, especially when it comes to raising children.
- Sweden tops the category for green living and Norway for its citizenship.
- Japan remains at No.5 scoring high in entrepreneurship, rich traditions and up-and-coming economies.
- Germany moved up one spot on spot no.3, replacing the UK which fell to No. 4.
- Luxembourg is ranked the most business-friendly nation. In education field UK is the best, Canada ranks number one for the quality of life and for post-retirement New Zealand is the best.