SEO Guide That’s Worth Bookmarking For Your Digital Marketing Career [5 LATEST TECHNIQUES OF 2018]
In marketer’s dictionary, ‘change’ is an engraved word as ‘change is the only permanent’ when it comes to online marketing. Pushing through the boundaries of online world is quite a hap thing these days. Marketers and experts are trying their best mind and hand out to hit the jackpot with their unique approach. However, the spirit dies within weeks into the game as ‘SEO is the turtle that wins the race’ but impatience plagues the marketers.
If you consider yourself riding the turtle then let’s get you well trained to do it in the best manner. Here are the techniques that’ll give you the traffic that you need, result that you expect and most importantly space on the search engine’s first page.
Sublime Techniques That You Can’t Miss To Perform
1. Get Your URLs Optimized!
The unique address to your content is saved through URLs and you can’t and shouldn’t mess up with their structure. Presenting you curated tips from global SEO experts:
- Keep the URL text- READABLE.
- URLs are case sensitive; avoid the confusion by using small letters
- Use 301 redirects; don’t lose search engine ranking
- Keywords in URL a must; crawlers read them
- Put a Favicon for better impression
- Use canonical URLs; avoid 301 redirect issues
- Keep URL short; after 512pixels Google truncates on SERPs
- Create XML Sitemaps
2. Enter Into Meta Game 2.0
While meta keywords have died since people started to overpopulate them on their pages by unethical practices; what’s sailing the boat now is Meta Description & Titles. Meta descriptions that were limited to 180 characters earlier are now extended to ~300 characters but average length varies between 50-230 characters. Wondering, how to get this right?
- Hire copywriters to write something compelling & attractive as meta description.
- Don’t use double quotation marks in HTML of meta description because Google truncates the rest of the text after first quotation mark.
- Use schema markups to make it a rich snippet that also stands high in appeal and rank.
However, Google algorithm might run over your provided HTML description if the user’s query corresponds to something more relatable to the content inside your page. Hence, it’ll take the text from the page and display on the snippet as per the query. It’s all about relevancy after all.
3. Grab Your Seat On Broken Links
Technically, Wikipedia is a ‘no follow’ website since 2007 that doesn’t get you any credibility on search engines. However, it’s a dedicated and highly important snippet so whatsoever its status is, people would surely benefit in creating valuable backlinks to their content. How can you do that?
- Check out WikiGrabber. It analyzes and quotes the links that are either ‘dead links’ or ‘citation needed’
- Follow these links & their contents as per your niche
- Create content which could be successfully linked with the texts on Wikipedia pages
Fixing a broken link is not only for Wikipedia but also internal broken links can give you a SEO win. That’s because, if your website has one then it’s a plug that doesn’t let SEO juices to follow. Much research goes into finding competitors’ broken links but you can inform the webmaster about such links and ask for a replacement if your website has relevant content.
4. Your Secret Crush- Google Search Console
Google Search Console, SEO tool for webmasters that helps to track the indexing and crawling statistics of search engine bots. It contributes to improve organic visibility of a website. The latest version of GSC brings features like ‘search indexing’, ‘accelerated mobile pages’ and ‘performance report’. Utilizing GSC efficiently will help you from stop doing what you’ve been doing wrong from SEO point of view. It’ll keep you away from 404 errors; let you fix URL issues and list down keywords that people are using to find you on SERPs.
5. Speed Up Your Website
If running your website takes ages then you’ll probably never get a chance to top SERPs. Reason? No matter how quality best your content is, crawlers leave you behind if you’re slow. Search engines want to improve their efficiency by showing results in milliseconds, especially when the world has snapped into a mobile device. How to make your website fast?
- Removing irrelevant content from the pages; including Plug-ins and Add-ons
- Limiting social media sharing buttons
- Enabling caches
- Optimizing visual media
- Switching to faster web hosting provider
- Fixing broken links
- Using PHP accelerator
- Enabling HTTP keep-alive for minimizing number of connection to your site
Aren’t these techniques an eye-opener? Can’t keep your mind off from what you can do with these tricks? Remember, it’s a world full of experiment and you shouldn’t scale down your expectations and trials. Watch out this space for updated information on SEO tricks. Till then, enjoy the perks!