8 Amazing American To-Die-For Foods
Is food first love of your life? If you have recently moved in to United States or you are planning to visit California or some other state of America for that matter, you would definitely like to soak your taste buds into these absolutely tempting foods.
This post is written with intent to give you an opportunity to celebrate the culinary creativity of America. Without mincing words it is worth to travel different parts of United States with these mesmerizingly tasty dishes. It is true that the American food is usually known for fast, junk and processed stuff but this article will make you believe that Americans too have impressive appetite for good food too.
The following selection covers the sweet as well as savory dishes. Let the food feast begin:
- KEY LIME PIE: When life gives you lime, instead of limeade make a key lime pie. The official state pie of Florida has won herself a worldwide reputation. This sassy tart was first prepared by Aunt Sally in the late 1800s. It was in Florida only where this pie got its name. Once you will relish its unforgettable taste you will want to thank the idea of originating the concoction of key lime juice, sweetened condensed milk with egg yolks in it.
- APPLE PIE: There can be no better dessert than apple pie for apple lovers. It will be really difficult for you to decide between apple pie and key lime pie. The ordinary sounding blend of sugar, buttery pastry and tart sliced apples results in such extraordinary taste. Do you want to try apple pie with green chilies? You can book it in advance by phoning the Pie-O-Neer, in Pie Town, New Mexico.
- TATER TOTS: Have your friends named you potato couch? But that does not give you a strong reason to skip on this American potato variation. Almost popular like French fries this potato recipe’s history dates back to 1956. Tater tots were indigenously prepared to do something good with the leftovers of potatoes. Some flour was added to it and with some seasoning they were given the shape of tiny tots. After 60 more years more than 33 million kilos of these taters are consumed annually by Americans.
- CHICKEN AND WAFFLES: Hats off to the genius mind who first decided to combine the greatest parts of fried chicken residues with the waffle stack. For this incidental or planned kitchen discovery makes the most favorite breakfast staple. This sinful delight is something you cannot miss if you are a chicken fiend. It is though has spread all over the world but if you happen to be in America you should not miss this delicacy in its most authentic taste.
- POT ROAST: In the list of top 10 American comfort foods post roast undisputedly makes its place. After all without it the childhood Sunday family dinner of a whole generation would never be the same. Beef brisket or chuck set in a deep roasting pan with surplus of vegetables, whatever is family’s favorite can be infused with meat’s simmering juices. It can either be cooked after covering on a stovetop or in the oven.
- BURGER: No one can get enough of them. You can call it a sign of God’s love for his children. Every day in and out you can have one or more to satisfy your taste buds. The fulfilling taste of this bun with a juicy patty is out of this world. Americans were the first who took the credit of creating this wonderful amusement for tongues. You can have the craving for a customized burger anytime during the day or night. Who knows you will be going straight to dictate the burger boy to give you one caramelized onions, lettuce and mustard with lots of cheese.
- CHEESE BURGER: Can a mistake be delicious? In American kitchen this may happen friends. It was a mistake that led to the accidental discovery of cheese burger. It is hard to believe that that mistake was taken as a tradition thereafter by the big names like Gourmet, Kobe, Burger King, McDonald’s, Five Guys and more. It is believed that it was in Pasadena, California where classic cheese burger took birth in late 1920s by the hands of a young chef. He tried to hide his mistake of burning burger by slapping on some cheese. To say least it was appreciated and rest is history.
- HOTDOGS: They make the iconic dish for whole of America. Grilled sausage with garnish of mayonnaise, onions, mustard and ketchup can be the best thing you can have in your whole life. It is something very basic but nothing complements a basketball match better than it. Easy to cook this recipe continues to win the hearts of Americans and people all over the world since early decades of 1900s.
These sinful appetizers and dishes will make you go crazy whether you are up for a party or you are going for picnic. Don’t feel guilty after you miss on any one of them.